Designed to bring coaches, players, parents and referees together to practice better sportsmanship.
Johnston SC is an Alliance 4 All-Endorsed Club and will conduct its programming in accordance with this status.
Click here to see the Alliance 4 All brochure.
All U11 and up Players, Parents, and Coaches - Please be sure to submit your pledge by Friday, August 22nd, 2014.
If you're ready to make your pledge, see the How To section below.
What is Alliance 4 All?
Alliance 4 All is a program designed to bring together the “4” participant groups in a soccer match -- coaches, players, parents and referees -- to
“practice better sportsmanship”. It is a collaborative effort developed by the Iowa Soccer Association, Kansas Youth Soccer and the Nebraska State Soccer
The Alliance 4 All program is centered on four brief, online education modules (videos) which serve as guides for ways to practice better sportsmanship. It will also strive to recognize the good sportsmanship that is being practiced, rather than focusing on policing behavior and penalizing offenders. Ultimately, the program’s success will hinge on the commitment of each individual to practice better sportsmanship, and our hope is that the materials we’ve developed will encourage and help people do so.
Program expansion will include it being rolled into Iowa Soccer’s coach education training, as well as referee training. Leagues and tournaments also have the option to join and become “Alliance 4 All-Endorsed”.
Why should I care about my behavior?
All you need to do is google “poor sportsmanship youth sports” to see the dizzying list of incidents throughout the years -- and the repeated calls to
You are but one of many pledging throughout Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska to practice better sportsmanship in youth soccer. But YOU are one of only FOUR of the required equation. Sportsmanship is the responsibility of all participants in a soccer match -- players, coaches, parents and referees. By understanding that each has a role and by taking responsibility to do your part, we can add to the google search results for “good sportsmanship youth
Why is Johnston Soccer Club supporting the Alliance 4 All program?
Johnston Soccer Club is dedicated to provding its members with the best possible player development experience. Good sportsmanship on the part of our players, parents and coaches is essential to this experience. Participating in Alliance 4 All gives our club a great framework for illustrating what good sportsmanship looks like and sets a standard to which we can hold ourselves accountable.
How the program works in our club
Starting spring 2014, JSC will join Iowa Soccer’s sportsmanship initiative “Alliance 4 All”. As an Alliance 4 All-Endorsed club, we have committed to do the following:
- All U11-above players and parents will be required to watch their respective video and submit their pledge via the online form. From there, the expectation is that they will reflect upon their roles in practicing better sportsmanship and encourage each other to do the same. We’ll ask you to do this every season... afterall, bettering sportsmanship requires practice.
- All U11-above coaches will be required to watch their video, read and understand their A4A Code of Conduct and then electronically submit their pledge to practice better sportsmanship.
- You’ll find the Alliance 4 All logo and program information on the JSC website, which with one click, will direct you to an Alliance 4 All resource page on Iowa Soccer’s site.
- You’ll also see A4A sig nage at our soccer complexes to help remind everyone of their responsibility and pledge to practice better sportsmanship.
After the season ends, JSC will select an “Alliance 4 All Practice Better Sportsmanship” Award winner, a person who demonstrates excellence in sportsmanship on and off the field. Iowa Soccer will publicize information about JSC’s winner, who will then be considered for the state level “Alliance 4 All Practice Better Sportsmanship” Award.
Watching your video, reading your code of conduct and making your pledge to practice better sportsmanship
- Participants just need a computer and less than 15 minutes to watch, read and pledge.
- Go to www.iowasoccer.org, mouseover the “Programs” tab and click “Alliance 4 All”. This takes you to a resource page where you will click on the JSC logo to get to the video page. From there select parent, player or coach video.
- At the end of the video , you’ll automatically be redirected to a webpage where you’ll click to read your Code and then electronically submit your pledge to “Practice Better Sportsmanship”.